Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dragonflys

Dragonflys are coming to an end here at our place and we didn't have as many this year as in years past.   This little guy has some appeal to me with the back light.  He is perched on a stem of lavender and was quite the model.  I shot this with my 150mm Sigma macro lense at 400 ISO 1/60.  I keep trying new exposures for macros so my subjects are more focused.  This one could be better but I like it anyway.

The next dragon fly is the same one!   Now I am facing the brick wall and he is lit by the late evening sun and the brick wall really sets him off nice.   Wish it were sharper but I like the colors and composition.
                                                                              

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing difference with the same subject. You do so well.

    ReplyDelete