Friday, March 16, 2012

Fears Challenge

Last weeks Beyond Layers Challenge was centered around a quote:  We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fears ~  We are working in black and white and in our journals of work we are confessing to our journals some of our fears.  
I thought right away of this Grant Zebra image how he looks out from the side lines to the world beyond. Sometimes I feel this way too, or how he perceives to look.  I used Kim's MagicMap texture on it with desaturation.  I decided to change this around to take away the negativity of black and white into a more positive or even  snarky perspective, as this image could represent a snob, and instructor taking charge,   a moment of decision, weighing possibilities.  I fear the idea of being alone in the herd, left behind, no friends and standing apart from life.   So a new goal, to take these fearful feelings and turn them into an exercise of self insight.   I Shall Fear NOT...

No comments:

Post a Comment