Monday, February 20, 2012

Beyond Layers Painterly


Last week at my Beyond Layers group the challenge or the learning subject was "Painterly" effects.  Neither of these are my photos but I wanted to follow along with my old PS7  while the class proceeded with cs5 and the newest Elements from Adobe.   I did pretty good, and I find that several things that have buttons in cs5 can be done using the adjustment layers with curves and Hue Sat, plus a couple other adjustments to get the right de- saturation and colors, gradients etc.   But in the end My image is an almost perfect copy.  One thing I learned was how to use the High Pass filter with a blending mode.  I must say for me, that was really the turning point for these images and from there on it was like icing on the cake.
















beyondlayers

No comments:

Post a Comment