I used my macro lens when I took this shot. Just an outside shot, nothing special for exposure or settings, just trying to get points of interest with the stems and berries.
I started in Elements 10 with two images of the asparagus and one image I set to a size .25 larger than the other. This was the bottom image. The normal size image I layered on top and reduced opacity down to about 68%. An interesting thing happened with I did this. I got the dreamy background but the for front pods held their clarity! In fact it sorta enhanced them so they appear a bit more dimensional.
The only other thing I did to this was to adjust some light after it was done using levels and the bottom layer I had a watercolor filter applied. I love this little test and if it would quit storming I would go outside and take more flower photos and play with this again.